When the clock strikes midnight…
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are well…
I recently read that September has often been viewed as the beginning of the new year, the time for reflection and resolution…
turning over a new leaf…
a little curious I took a peek in my journal writings for January and noticed that my resolution for the new year was to be more intentional with how I lived…
desiring more time spent doing those things that I enjoyed…
most importantly staying open to positive change in my life…
Savoring up the last days of our summer with homegrown peaches is always a good idea especially when served with a scoop of ice cream.
- 2 cups peeled peaches (if frozen, thaw and drain juice)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ice cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. While oven preheats, put the butter in a 9-inch glass dish and place in oven until melted.
- Mix flour, 2/3 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir to combine.Pour batter over melted butter in glass dish. – do not stir
- Put the peaches in a bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar along with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Spoon peaches gently over batter. – do not stir
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of peaches and batter.
- Bake cobbler for 40-45 mins or until batter is golden brown.