“It’s summer and I’m already in the Christmas spirit”
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are doing well…
I think it’s great that Christmas doesn’t have to come only once a year…
especially if you are anything like me and needing a little Christmas right this very minute…
So how’s about a Christmas in July mini dessert only Tea party!
What you will need
- 2- 8-9 inch round cakes or 1- 13×9 inch cake, baked beforehand from scratch or from a box (add extra butter and eggs to make the box mix taste homemade), removed from the pans, cooled, and frozen
- 1 large, round cookie cutter
- 1 small container fresh strawberries
- 1 bar Ghiradelli White Baking Chocolate, melted
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 C confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- a splash of vanilla
To make the icing:
- Beat butter until smooth
- Add 2 C of the powdered sugar and mix
- When combined, mix in melted white chocolate.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix.
- Add 1 Tbsp milk at a time until smooth and airy.
Now that your icing is made, it’s time to assemble your little cakes! Use a large, sharp knife to cut the domes off the tops of your cakes so that you will have even layers to stack later.
Use your cookie cutter to cut 2 round pieces of cake for each guest from your pre-baked cakes. If the cakes are frozen, this will help ensure that your cookie cutter will cut sharp, clean circles and there will be fewer crumbs to fall from the sides.
Add your second layer of cake.
Repeat the same process for the top of the cake. Garnish with sliced strawberries.