“All our dreams can come true; if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are doing well…
it’s been a l.o.n.g rainy season this year along the Oregon coast…
however I’m not one to complain…
because almost like clockwork…
once the summer hits…
my garden comes into bloom…
it makes me so very happy…
grateful for all that I have…
by living a simply abundant life…
Wishing you all an amazing summer season!
This lemony trifle is an easy summertime dessert… It’s bursting with flavor! The combination of poundcake, lemon pudding and whip cream… I can’t think of a better way to enjoy the taste of Summer!
- 14 ounce angel food cake , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 boxes (small) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 cups cold whole milk (you can substitute with almond milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup small fresh blueberries
- 16 ounces whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- lemon slices , for garnish
- fresh mint leaves , for garnish
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- In a 5 quart glass trifle bowl, layer in the following order: half of the cake cubes, half of the lemon curd, half of the pudding, half of the crushed shortbread cookies, half of the blueberries, and half of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers in the same order.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight.)
- Top with lemon zest and a couple mint leaves, if desired.
- Scoop and serve!