“All our dreams can come true; if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are doing well…
it’s been a l.o.n.g rainy season this year along the Oregon coast…
however I’m not one to complain…
because almost like clockwork…
once the summer hits…
my garden comes into bloom…
it makes me so very happy…
grateful for all that I have…
by living a simply abundant life…
Wishing you all an amazing summer season!
This lemony trifle is an easy summertime dessert… It’s bursting with flavor! The combination of poundcake, lemon pudding and whip cream… I can’t think of a better way to enjoy the taste of Summer!
- 14 ounce angel food cake , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 boxes (small) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 cups cold whole milk (you can substitute with almond milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup small fresh blueberries
- 16 ounces whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- lemon slices , for garnish
- fresh mint leaves , for garnish
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- In a 5 quart glass trifle bowl, layer in the following order: half of the cake cubes, half of the lemon curd, half of the pudding, half of the crushed shortbread cookies, half of the blueberries, and half of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers in the same order.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours (or overnight.)
- Top with lemon zest and a couple mint leaves, if desired.
- Scoop and serve!
What a wonderful tour of your early summertime garden.
Looking forward to seeing more as things come into bloom.
What a treat that Lemon Trifle is how it goes so well in this season.
Thank you so much Jose!
Happy Summer to you Marcia!!!!!! Your garden is looking so fresh and lovely!!!! And not only do you get the rainy season…so do we!!!! Unfortunately, but thats how our flowers grow so pretty!!!! Your dessert looks delish too!!!!
Happy summer Donna! I’m sure you can’t wait for your vacation.
A lovely, lovely garden. So pleased to see all the beautiful flowers in stunning settings. Wish we were able to have something a quarter of this around our home. We have had ridiculously high temperatures, (90+ ) day after say after day, and it has restricted outdoor work for us. Not having good health and having to use canes restricts what we could do, even in milder temps. So many plans that just can’t be followed through on is disheartening. That is why it is such a pleasure to share in what you have accomplished.
Thank you so much with sharing your beautiful home and garden.
Hi Nancy, thank you for your sweet comments. I’m sorry that it’s so very hot airway in much of the country. I am not very fond of the extreme heat… Here’s to cooler weather for you soon. Take care dear friend.
I love your recipes and the photos too. How do you stay so slim. Just you and hubby eat the whole trifle?
Hi Monica, it’s always so nice when you stop by for a visit. Thank you for all your lovely comments…