“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” -Henry James
Hello, sweet friends…
While July is coming to an end…
Our garden is coming more alive…
This month has brought the joy of traveling again and a few other activities which I have enjoyed…
I have been most grateful for the many moments and opportunities spent in my garden…
Sunny days… and beautiful blooms helping to refresh as we celebrate the season…
This week I gathered blueberries from our garden and posted a photo on Instagram asking for any suggestions for recipes. My Facebook friend Pat suggested one…and so here it is! (Thanks Pat!)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ▢ ¼ cup butter + 1 tablespoon
- ▢ ¼ cup brown sugar
- ▢ ¼ cup white sugar
- ▢ ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ▢ ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter, egg & lemon zest until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture, alternating with milk mixing just until combined.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Fold into batter and spread in prepared pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter and bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.