No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~Aesop
Hello, sweet friend…
Our family has grown exponentially during these last 2 years…
a kitty, horse, and most recently a puppy…
I am so excited to introduce you to our sweet, sweet Camille. Last weekend we brought her home with us… After finding a Morkie breeder over two months ago Joe and I had decided to take a leap of faith and put a deposit on this little puppy that hadn’t been born…much less seen..yet deeply hoped for.
She is currently a little over two months old and weighs one and a half pounds… No doubt she is a precious gift from above. Joe & I are both so overjoyed to be her pet guardians and to take her on this adventure of life with us!
Since this was Camille’s first 4th of July I wanted it to be celebrated! So I decorated the outside deck (fortunately the weather was perfect)… I cooked veggie burgers, corn on the cob and made a side dish of old-fashioned potato salad which is super easy and always a favorite!
Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- 3 pounds russet potatoes about 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 5 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 5 green onions diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place diced potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add a couple teaspoons of salt and bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes. Watch closely and do not overcook or the potatoes will become mushy. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, garlic powder, sugar and vinegar.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat completely. Fold in eggs, celery and green onions. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. If desired, top with a few sliced eggs and a sprinkle of paprika.