“It’s the first day of Autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmellow evenings, and best of all leaping into leaves!”🍂
-Winnie the Pooh
Hello, sweet friends…
I hope you are well…
In my garden I watch as the season shifts…
and am reminded that I don’t have to fear change…
instead I can warmly embrace it…
trusting in the experience…
particularly when things become uncertain and everything seems to be shifting around me…
in my garden I’m reminded of the importance to have faith…
remembering how those tiny seeds will eventually grow again..
Now…what do you say we bake some pumpkin…
🍂Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread🍂
🍂Everyone knows that fall baking isn’t complete without some kind of pumpkin bread… However if I were to be really honest… the true motivator behind my preparing this recipe was that recently while perusing my local dollar store I spotted the cutest mini autumn baking loaf pans…
And at that exact moment I knew I had to make a small batch of this recipe!🍂🍁🍂
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar – 3/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon for every 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Lightly grease the baking pan(s) and line with parchment paper – long enough to hang over the sides to use as a sling to lift the bread out of the pans. If using the brownie pan, line 5 of the wells with 1-inch strips of parchment that hang over the sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and canola oil. Whisk together until smooth.
- Sift or sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt over the top of the wet ingredients. Whisk until no dry streaks remain. Tip – To sift the dry ingredients into the wet – Set a fine mesh strainer over the bowl with the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients into the strainer and sprinkle over the batter.
- Scoop even amounts of batter into the prepared baking pan(s). Spoon a generous amount of cinnamon sugar over the batter. Gently swirl it just on the top of the batter with a knife.
- Baking: in a brownie pan – 20-22 minutes; in 2 mini loaf pans – 28-30 minutes; or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. Cool the pumpkin bread in the pan set on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Invert (or lift) the bread out of the baking pans to cool on the wire rack completely.
I really enjoyed your descriptive language in your charming video.
The Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread is an Autumn must for me!
Thank you for putting the change in seasons in a refreshing frame.
Happy fall Jose!
The pumpkin swirl is now one of my favorite “mini” desserts. The cinnamon adds just the right pop of flavor…I’m glad the loaf is small.;)
thank you so much Jose! I am sure you will be delighted with the swirl pumpkin bread…Enjoy!
Ohhhhh I am definitely making this once I get home! Thank you!!!
Enjoy your trip!
Oh my! PUMPKIN BREAD. I will make it soon! Wish I had a slice NOW!!
I know that when the weather is cooler in California you will really enjoy all this pumpkin stuff…:)