Hello, Welcome to Marcia’s Cottage. ♡ I’m so happy to see you today my friend. ♡ Shall we have a little tea. ♡
How was your weekend? Did you do anything special. ..
I went on several bike rides. ..
On Saturday, we decided to catch a movie, and try out a new restaurant.
The sweetest thing happened while we were enjoying our meal. The couple sitting in the next booth became engaged. The guy had “will you marry me?” written on the dessert plate for his fiance. The engagement ring was hidden in a strawberry. We congratulated them, and then they asked us if we could have a photo taken with them.♡ “Sure!” We said. We didn’t know them,or even their names… but we sure were thrilled for their happiness.♡
Later in the day, I mentioned to Joe about an intriguing study I had read. The study had taken 75 years of research, and was conducted by Harvard University. The study began in 1938, with 268 male undergraduate students. The study’s goal was to determine as best as possible what factors contribute most strongly to human flourishing. ♡ (I’m always so intrigued with studies like this.) If you have a minute I’d love to share a few of the findings I found most interesting.
• People who did well in Old age, did not necessarily do well in midlife… and vice versa.
• Recovery from a difficult childhood is possible.
• “Memories” of a happy childhood are a lifelong
Source of strength.
• Marriages bring more contentment after age 70.
• Physical aging after “80” is determined less by heredity than by habits formed prior to age 50.
• More credit for growing old with grace, and vitality seems to go more to ourselves, than to our stellar generic makeup.
☆This last one is very significant to me…
• There was a powerful correlation between the warmth of your relationships, and your health in later years.
Food for thought my sweet friend on this beautiful Monday morning.♡
Oh, and of course, I am hoping all these wonderful results somehow work together in the mix for that adorable newly engaged couple. ♡
Wishing you a wonderful week.
We know nothing of tomorrow, our business is to be good and happy today.~Sydney Smith
In the article of June 8, 2015,
The tea set sparks joy in my heart Do you happen to know the name of the pattern and the company that made the set?