It’s difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a home-grown tomato.
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are doing well…
I have been working a little more in my garden…
deadheading those things which have become overgrown and completed their cycle….
I’ve found myself outdoors much more…
enjoying those simple pleasures of life…
which of course always includes a cozy little garden…
It’s rewarding to walk outside and get vegetables from your own garden. I owe this luxury to Joe since he’s the one who planted everything! The zucchini has been abundant and keeps me motivated in trying new recipes.
CHEESY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
- 4 cups Zucchini, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3/4 – 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- To a pot of boiling water, add the diced zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a bowl, combine the parboiled zucchini, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, eggs, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with melted butter. Pour breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until zucchini is fork tender.
I loved the tour of your garden!
I especially liked the peaches, butterflies and roses.
The Cheesy Zucchini Casserole looks like a summertime delight.
Jose thank you so much for stopping by! The peaches are almost ripe enough to pick…I’m looking forward to baking peach cobbler.
Does vegennaise taste like mayo? Your cheesy zucchini casserole looks delicious.
Hi Marge! I’ve been using Vegennaise for years and am very use to it.