When one says Tea Time we hear Me Time
-Aura of Wellbeing
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are well…
If you would like to host an afternoon tea…and yet not sure exactly where to begin…
I hope today’s post inspires you…
To host a tea experience of your own…
Outdoors or in…small gathering or large…a simple tea or perhaps more extravagant…
It’s all up to you…and whatever your little heart desires…
I decided to prepare a few tea sandwiches myself along with a super easy recipe for chocolate covered strawberries.
- 1 English cucumber peeled & sliced thinly
- 4 slices of White Bread
- 4 Tablespoon Softened Butter
- 4 Tablespoon Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 2 Tablespoons Chives
- Peel and Slice Cucumber, place on paper towel to drain, Salt and Pepper to Season.
- Spread Butter on Slices of Bread (refrigerated bread works best for spreading butter).
- Mix Chopped Chives in Cream Cheese.
- Spread Cream Cheese mix over butter on bread slices.
- Add fresh dill.
- Add sliced cucumbers to sandwiches.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the crusts from each sandwich, then cut the sandwich into neat fingers, triangles, or quarters.
DEVILED EGG SANDWICHES
4 eggs, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill, 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon zest, salt & black pepper, dash of sweet paprika, 8 slices good quality white bread.
In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs with water to cover by 1/2 inches and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat, cover, stand for 15 minutes. Transfer the eggs into a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes to stop the cooking.
Peel the eggs and drop them into a clean bowl. Mash with a fork, then add the butter, mayonnaise, parsley, dill, and lemon zest and mix well. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Lay the bread slices on a work surface. Spread four of the slices with the egg mixture, dividing it evenly. Top with the remaining for bread sizes and press firmly.
Using a serrated knife, cut off the crusts from each sandwich, and cut the sandwiches into neat fingers, triangles, or quarters.
SMOKED SALMON & DILL
1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, 1/2 lemon, dash of salt and black pepper, eight slices bread, 1/2 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and Dell and mix with a fork until well blended. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Lay the bread slices on a work surface. Spread the seasoned cream cheese on the bread slices, dividing it evenly. Arrange the salmon in an even layer over four of the slices, then top with the remaining four slices, cream cheese side down.
Using a serrated knife, cut off the crust from each sandwich, and each sandwich into neat fingers, triangles, or quarters.
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
- 10 ounce package Ghirardelli baking chips, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries stems attached.
- Wash and dry the strawberries.
- Prepare your workspace with a parchment lined baking tray to place the dipped strawberries on.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the strawberries in melted chocolate.
- Lay the strawberries on prepared baking sheet and allow them to rest until the chocolate has set.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate if desired.