“Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful.”
– William Morris
Hello, sweet friends…
Springtime is a wonderful season along the Oregon coast, with the arrival of warmer weather and blooming flowers.
At the same time organizing my closet for spring in the Pacific Northwest can be a little bit tricky as the weather can be unpredictable and tends to be rainy and mild.
However, with some careful planning and a few tricks this past week I created a functional and stylish closet that will work well for the season.
Here are a few of my tips:
1. Start by decluttering: Before I began organizing my closet, I took a little time & decluttered my wardrobe…getting rid of any clothes that I no longer wear…I placed them in a back for donation.
2. Invest in good hangers: Investing in good quality hangers help me to keep my clothes in good condition.
3. Organize by category: Sorting my clothes by category, such as tops, bottoms, and outerwear & within each category, organizing clothes by color to make it easier to find what I need.
4. Store off-season items: Items that are out of season, such as heavy coats or sweaters, are stored in plastic bins or covered to to keep them fresh and protect them from moisture.
5. Layer up: Since the weather in the Pacific Northwest can be unpredictable, layering is key. I like to make sure to have a mix of lightweight and heavier clothing items that I can layer together as needed.
6. Add some color: While the Pacific Northwest is known for its gray skies, adding some pops of color to my wardrobe tends to brighten up my closet…and mood;)
7. Keep footwear organized: Since the Pacific Northwest is known for its rainy weather, it’s important to keep my footwear organized and easy to access. I use a cubby system to keep my shoes off the floor and in good condition.
Spring is a time for renewal, and clearing out my closet helps me create more space for new clothes and accessories…and stylish closet…one that will work well for where I live. It’s also an opportunity to donate those items I no longer wear.
*Time-saving: Organizing my closet saves me a lot of time, as I won’t have to spend time searching for clothes or deciding what to wear each day. When the weather starts to warm up, I want to be able to easily find items and accessories. Organizing my closet by season and type of clothing can make it easier to find what I need and avoid the frustration of digging through piles of clothes.
Thank you for such helpful tips for organizing my clothes.
I actually saw your video on YouTube this week.
A very good experience.
Hoping you have a delightful Spring!
It was so nice to read such kind comments about my organizational tips for cleaning out a closet for spring. It’s always wonderful to receive validation for one’s efforts.
Wishing you an amazing spring!