Let all that you do be done with Love
-1 Corinthians 16:14
Hello, sweet friends…
I hope you are doing well…
and that you have been enjoying February…the month of love
I enjoy discovering small ways to help experience the joy of each month…
I love me some good seasonal living…
so for February it’s all about celebrating those we love…
taking time to love ourselves a little bit…
and of course savoring each special moment along the way…
Today’s dinner plans aren’t definite yet…however for dessert I will be baking up this simple yet scrumptious, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips cookie heart…
I might just skip dinner…
Valentine Chocolate chip cookie
One cup, softened butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
one and 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon water
one cup chocolate chips,
One cup, heaping valentine’s M&Ms
2/3 cup chocolate chunks
- Cream, softened butter in mixer, one minute. Add both white and brown sugar and cream well, scraping down sides often for two minutes.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, cream, one minute each, and scrape down side in between. Pour in vanilla and mix well.
- While, creaming, butter, and sugar mixture; in a medium bowl, mix together, flour, baking soda and salt gently with a whisk. With mixer on low or stir, slowly pour in 1/2 cup of flour mixture at a time and gently mix, add water in between flour, mixing, don’t over-mix.
- Once mixed well, scrape sides of the bowl and pour in chocolate chips and chucks, mix on low, until combined. By hand, stir in the M&M’s into the batter.
- Generously grease a heart shaped pan and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Measure out enough batter to fill the shaped pan, about 3/4 inch thick, using a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap, make sure it is spread evenly and to the edges. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- About 15 minutes into freezing, preheat oven to 350°. Remove heart-shaped from freezer and place preheated oven.
- Bake 15 -25 minutes watch closely, depending on the size of your pan, and the amount of dough you placed in the pan will determine how long it will take to bake. It should be golden at the edges, starting to pull away with the center still looking slightly underdone.
- Remove from oven when edges are slightly brown and center is set, but will probably still be pretty gooey. If desired, sprinkle another handful of M&Ms over the top of the hot cookie.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 to 30 minutes.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thank you for such a delightful post celebrating love.
The Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookie will be amazing.
Have a wonderful day!