“Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.”
Hello, sweet friends…
I hope you are doing well…
Autumn is a time of many simple pleasures…
Today I’ll be sharing two of my favorites.
Baking and decorating!
Mini Apple Pies
These mini apple pies are a fun twist on classic apple pie and the individual serving makes them easy to serve!
- 4~ 5 apples
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 rolls of Pie Crust at room temperature
Start by heating your oven to 375 degrees. Then prepare the pie crusts. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out 8 circles from each roll of pie crust. Knead and roll out the remaining dough, cutting 4 more circles. Then roll out 10 of the dough circles increasing their size by 1/3.
- Place these circles of dough in the ramekins, lightly pressing the dough up the sides of the ramekins. Set the remaining dough circles aside, you will use these for the tops of the pies.
- Peel the apples and chop them into thin slices.
- Place the apple slices in a medium bowl. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and the cinnamon. Stir to mix.
- Divide the apple filling between the 10 pie crusts. Then place the remaining circles of dough on top of the pies, and use a fork to seal the pie crust in place.
- Bake the pies for 25 minutes. Then remove from the oven and brush with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Return the pies to the oven for 10 minutes letting them become golden brown. You can serve the pies warm or a room temperature. Add ice cream on top if you like.
Thank you for sharing your post and the reminder to appreciate what we already have.
Your decorations seem to dance with autumn joy and certainly those mini apple pies will bring delight.
Hi Joe, I love your expressing that the decorations “ dance with Autumn joy” you have a wonderful way with words! Thank you so much for your kind words. Take care!