“I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to.”
– Marjorie Kennan Rawlings
I can think of no better time for celebration…
than with Spring‘s awakening…
Here are a few highlights of my tablescape from a recent Spring Tea…
Celebrating this beautiful time of year…
when new life is seen in opening buds…
heard in birds singing…
and joyfully experienced with a strong sense of renewal…
arriving with the season of hope…
Creamy Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 slices of bread (white or brown)
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped Dill
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes. Then replace the hot water with cold and let them cool for 5 minutes.
Peel the eggs, then chop them into 1cm size pieces.
- Place in a bowl and mix with the other ingredients. I do this with a fork.
- Place between the slices of bread and slice the bread in half.
- This amount will make you 3 good sized sandwiches.
- 1 English Cucumber Peeled and Sliced
- 4 Slices of White Bread
- 4 tbs Softened Butter
- 4 tbs Whipped Cream Cheese
- Peel and Slice Cucumber, place on paper towel to drain, Salt and Pepper to Season
- Spread Butter on Slices of Bread (refrigerated bread works best for spreading butter)
- Spread Cream Cheese on butter
- Cut with Circle Cookie Cutter
- Add sliced cucumbers to sandwiches
- Add fresh dill
Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 loaf whole wheat sandwich bread (8 slices)
1/2 loaf white sandwich bread (8 slices)
8 ounces smoked salmon
1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- Mix together cream cheese and dill, add lemon juice to taste, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove crust from sliced bread and, using a rolling pin, gently flatten each slice of bread.
- Take 4 slices of the flattened whole wheat bread and spread with a quarter of the cream cheese mixture. Cover with 4 slices of white bread. Spread with another quarter of cream cheese mixture. Divide smoked salmon and onions evenly between the four sandwiches. Spread another quarter of the cream cheese mixture on remaining white bread and place cream cheese side down on top of salmon. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture and top with remaining whole wheat bread. Slice into quarters on the diagonal and serve.