“A party without a CAKE is just a meeting.”
– Julia Childs
Hello, sweet friend…
June has arrived!
gardens in bloom…
and visions of all things summer are dancing in my head…
a perfect time to feast on this delicious summer delight.
A Berry Trifle
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 14 ounce prepared angel food cake
Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese2 (8 ounce packages). softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Continue stirring over heat until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and whisk in almond extract; set aside.
- Cut angel food cake into 1-inch thick slices.
- Brush lemon glaze on each side of sliced cake.
- Cut glazed cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together cream cheese and sugar with a mixer, on medium speed, until smooth. Add heavy whipping cream and beat until light and fluffy.
- Arrange half the cake on the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Sprinkle on an even layer of blueberries.
- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the blueberries and top with a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with any remaining berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.