Pumpkin spice is my favorite season…
Hello, sweet friend…
I hope you are doing well…
I’ve just returned from a
fall haul mini getaway…
Joe I were able to visit with friends…
explore a few fun restaurants…
and…of course I was able to do some fall shopping…
It’s no secret that I love all things pumpkin spice…and because Trader Joe’s my favorite all things pumpkin spice store is almost 3 hours away…this grocery trip has turned into a mini getaway tradition in which I take an autumn grocery trip to Trader Joe’s…among other favorite stops…(of course)
Shortly after returning home from our mini getaway…and a cupboard filled with pumpkin everything…I asked my wonderful husband Joe if he would take a quick run to the local market for Granny Smith apples…I had a yearning to bake apple crisp. It turns out that I also love everything apple…it’s my one little weakness…(especially in the fall)🥰
- ▢ 2 pounds Fuji or Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- ▢ 1/4 cup orange juice
- ▢ 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ▢ 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ▢ 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ▢ 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ▢ 1 1/2 cups flour
- ▢ 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ▢ 3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- ▢ 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢ 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- ▢ 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter , diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the apple slices, orange juice, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To make the crisp topping, mash together the flour, ¾ cup sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, salt, oats and butter.
- Add the apples to a 8×8 pan and add the crisp topping on top before baking for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.