“It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky,” said experience. “It’s pointless,” said reason. “Give it a try,” whispered the HEART.” ~Unknown
I hope you had a wonderful week.
Between working on this weeks post, gardening, and lunch with my good friend (who will be cat sitting for me)…
I am finally all packed and ready for a special Fall Holiday🍁🍂
Which I promise to share with you. When I return🎃
and until then…
I’m so excited to share with you what I’ve been cooking this past week in my sweet cottage kitchen.☕️
🎃 I’m thinking you are really going to enjoy it!🎃
🎃Since it’s all about fun and yummy treats!🎃
With Halloween just around the corner….
🎃that’s about all which has been on my mind.🎃
(other than fun holiday vacations)😉
🎃This way you’ll have plenty of time to think about how you might want to prepare your own.🎃
I have to say what really drew me to this recipe was that I l.o.v.e baking cupcakes and haven’t made homemade pizza for years. 🍕win! win!
When I came across this recipe on Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking site I was thrilled!
I actually altered the recipe quite a bit since I don’t eat meat I purchased pepperoni for Joe and veggie sausage for me and added mushrooms, olives, cherry tomatoes and peppers.
The best thing I enjoyed about preparing this recipe…
besides Joe doing most of the prep work😉
was that it is easy to add those extra toppings you prefer to the basic recipe.🎃
Also I love the idea of making small cupcake size pizzas. so cute!
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup store bought pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mini pepperoni or cooked sausage
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and liberally grease a muffin tin with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, herbs and salt.
- Mix milk & eggs together until well blended
- Add about 2 tablespoons of batter to each cupcake then add a layer of cheese followed by sauce, then cheese again. This will insure the sauce staying in the center of the cupcake.
- Lastly top with a few mini pepperonis. Repeat the process until you’ve filled all 12 cupcakes
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the remaining batter on the top of each pizza cupcake.
- Top each pizza cupcake with as much additional cheese & pepperoni as you’d like.
- Bake until lightly browned and puffed, about 20-25 minutes.
and I have one more treat for you before our visit is over…
It’s the perfect inspiration to go with those cupcakes…🎃
I would like to share the home of my sweet friend Jane who resides in Laguna Beach, California.
🎃She has an affinity for all things Halloween.🎃
🎃I was so excited that she allowed me to share it with you!🎃
What are your fun special tricks or treats on Halloween?
And of course I just have to share a glimpse of the beautiful Oregon coast.